Booking your bone density appointment:
- Your referring doctor or specialist will need to complete all sections of our Bone Density Scanning Requisition Form.
- Call us at 604-987-9729 and press 1 to book your appointment. Please inform the receptionist if you have had a barium or nuclear medicine study within the past three weeks.
Preparing for your bone density scan appointment
A few guidelines:
- If you are pregnant or suspect you are pregnant, inform your doctor or technologist before the procedure.
- Do not take calcium tablets or supplements the morning of the examination.
- Wear clothing that does not have buttons, metal buckles or zippers.
- Wear pants with an elastic waist, leisure or yoga pants, or track-suit bottoms.
- Arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment so that you have time to complete and sign a questionnaire regarding your medical history.